2.8

I had to buy a new hand mixer to make my families Thanksgiving dinner didn't check any reviews quickly picked one up in the the chaos of shopping for the holiday I had to have one and purchased this one. Didn't even realize it has red rubber coated beaters supposed to save your bowls from scratches but the only thing this mixer does is completely make a mess of your entire kitchen I always turn on a mixer on low speed then a higher speed if necessary you cannot mix on any speed with this mixer with these rubber beaters which I believe is the problem I started mixing my pie it isn't in the bowl anymore it's everywhere else it was flying on my cabinets, walls, ingredients I had out to add,countertops floor, stovetop, in and on stove vent hood, my hair, clothing, face if my ceilings weren't high it would have been there also.

I've used many hand mixers I was totally shocked never had anything happen quite like this mess from a hand held appliance. I had to stop baking clean entire kitchen then my shower and clean clothing. What should have taken maybe 20 min. ended up taking 1 1/2 maybe 2 hours.

So I hand mixed entire Thanksgiving meal not so fun that took longer than necessary on a busy day. I called Hamilton beach customer service after I recuperated from the holiday with what I thought would be an easy fix just send me some metal beaters for this mixer I'll send back these red rubber beaters simple switch. I waited 33 min. to speak to a live person she says we can't do that she told me I could purchase metal ones at this point I'm not purchasing anything from the co.

I ask to speak with a supv. the same person comes back on after I've held a couple min. tells me supv. Is on another phone call but she has been texting her and is authorized to sell the metal beaters to me half off.

I said I will wait for supv. to finish her call so I can speak to her this person becomes little rude this is a call center you can't wait on the line I say fine have the supv. call me she already got my name and phone# I told her you have my phone and name correct again rudely answers she does and I will receive a call from this supv. Well I almost missed the callback at 4:57 pm I was starting to pull out dinner ingredients.

Supv. says this mixer has to be fully immersed in mixture that's not going to solve this problem I told her that it wouldn't I was sure the problem is the rubber on the beaters and surely they've had other complaints about this issue it leaves you with an awful mess. She says oh no none, so she offers the same half off purchase of the metal beaters they are inexpensive but I didn't purchase a mixer that doesn't do the job intended with the beaters it's sold with and then be conned into purchasing what should have come with it . And there are complaints everywhere these mixers are sold the reviews about what an awful mess it makes and do not purchase this mixer it's trash that's what more than half were, the good reviews got both sets of beaters and had only used the metal but were excited to be able to use the rubber and not hurt the pans they'll be surprised at least the mixer will be usable with the metal.

I also found out they don't really offer any cust. svc.

for anything they mfg. They are also Proctor silex, Eclectrics, TrueAir and licensed to sell retailers General Electric

Review about: Hamilton Beach Mixer.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments